Monday, October 22, 2012

{crafty} Christmas Subway Art

I am not a big holiday decorator. I can pin images all day long of mantel displays, wreaths for the front door, vignettes, you name it, but they rarely make their way in to my home. Don't get me wrong; I think they are gorgeous and am in awe of the decorating ability of others. I, however, am incredibly indecisive when it comes to decorating my own home. And when I do make a decision on what I want I tend to want to DIY and it ends up added to a long list of other projects to eventually be done at some future point in time yet to be determined.

Christmas is a little different. I love everything about Christmas and do enjoy breaking out the decorations the day after Thanksgiving and having a little fun with it. I decided I wanted to make a Christmas countdown this year and took to my Silhouette Cameo to see what I could do. I have enjoyed doing a little subway art lately so I created a 12x24 Christmas subway art file and cut it in vinyl using standard Christmas colors and chalkboard vinyl for the ornament. Since I would want to re-use this every year I had a sheet of 1/4" MDF cut down in to 12x24 sections and painted them white. I applied the vinyl over the top, stapled on some ribbon and now it is ready to hang and count down the big day!

I was so excited about this project that I decided to make several for my Etsy shop as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment