Thursday, July 19, 2012

{crafty} Shop Favorites



I was going through both my Etsy shop and Facebook page looking back at some older items I have made to sell. Since many of them I have not shared on my blog I thought I would do a large share of some of my favorite projects I have made!


This one will probably have to be at the top of my list. This came as a special request on Etsy. The buyer had asked for a Shabby Chic/Vintage set of letters to spell her daughters name. I will be honest, I was a bit terrified! I had never done anything in that style and was afraid it wouldn't be my best work. It turns out I had a blast making them and absolutely love how they came together. I hand stitched the papers together and made the rosettes myself as well, which was a new technique for me.



 I absolutely ADORE Crate Paper and this altered frame came together fairly quick. I love when layerying embellishments just flows easily. 




 






This was one of the first frames I ever altered. It seems to be so difficult to come by cute boy stuff, and I am guilty of not doing it too often myself. Having a boy and only ever scrapbooking a boy I find it really easy to get carried away with more girly items. I had a lot of fun with this one using stamps, rub-ons, and felt. 




I had SO much fun creating this collection of 10x10 floating frames using both Crate Paper and My Minds Eye that happened to coordinate beautifully! A little vinyl cut from my Cricut and it was a done deal!






Somewhat newer to my Etsy shop are these distressed canvases. These can be pretty time consuming, but it is always fun to see what it will look like when it's done. All the photographs are taken by myself and then transferred from paper to canvas. I love that the transfers are imperfect and never quite the same from one to the next.


Thank you for looking! I would love to hear what kind of handmade home decor items you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment